Thursday 26 January 2012

Global sociological imagination

Global sociological imagination
My parents are both originally from Palestine but they have lived most of their lives in Saudi Arabia. They got married there and started to have a family. My dad worked really hard to support us “his family” as well as he went to postsecondary school to get his bachelors in economies. In the meantime and my mom stayed focused on raising us “her kids”. As we were growing Saudi Arabia’s rules started to change. One of the rules they changed is that any non-Saudi resident in their country will not have the right to attend postsecondary school any longer. This rule have got my dad’s attention which made him think deeper about our future and what will happen to us “his kids” when we grow up without education. He took an action and started looking for a place where we can attend school and found out that the best thing to do is to immigrate to Canada. This rule Saudi Arabia had made changed my life today. Now that I am in Canada, and in post-secondary school, I realized that my life has been impacted by other people’s actions.
Canada had given me the chance not only to finish my education but to work as well. When I had my first job I felt very responsible about myself and surprisingly about all the poor kids all over the world who suffer from hunger, I felt really bad for them and now that I can actually do something such as to donate for them, I started doing it frequently. I was proud of myself as well as thankful to Canada who gave me the chance to do so. I hope I changed something in this world and hope my action gave those poor kids the chance to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment